Friday, February 6, 2015

Parliament, London (The Palace of Westminster)

Parliament, London (The Palace of Westminster) by Wilhelm Chang
Gear: Nikon D600 || Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8
Setting: 80mm|| f/8 || 8s || ISO 100
Post: Photoshop CC || Lightroom 5 || Wacom Intuos Pro || 15" Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina

Blue hour in Europe is so beautiful that I could never get tired of it. Hence some blue hour shots of the Parliament is inevitable. The day this shot was taken was the day I arrived in London, I forgot that my watch was still on Paris time. And I missed the sunset that day because of this. I rushed through Queen's Walk, trying to find a good spot but was too late. The color had already gone yet I was not too upset because it wasn't as spectacular as I hoped. So I set my tripod up waiting for blue hour.

After few shots a man came to me and told I can't use tripod here because I was standing on private property. I wasn't sure about this because I didn't check it online before I came, but I've already got the shot I want so I put my tripod away. The American next to me,  who's using a monopod, tried to argue with him but without success, and he carried on and told everyone one Queen's walk to not use tripod. So to people who want to photograph night scene here, you'd better find an alternative. 


Parliament, London (The Palace of Westminster) by Wilhelm Chang
Gear: Nikon D600 || Nikkor 16-35mm f4 VR
Setting: 21mm || f/8 || 1/40s || ISO 100
Post: Photoshop CC || Lightroom 5 || Wacom Intuos Pro || 15" Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina

This one was taken on my last day in London, I just finished photographing St. Paul's Cathedral and about to head back to my apartment to pack. But I stopped here on my way back, thinking about capturing some final shots of the Parliament. But I soon realized the light was fading fast as I stepped out of the underground station. I quickly fired some hand held shots before I lost the light completely in minutes. Luckily I did get the final daylight and the image was still clear and sharp!




No comments:

Post a Comment